Pages

Saturday 2 March 2013

Day 4 - Epic Battle/Capture

Day 4 of Navi's (The Daily Frostwolf - Druid Edition) 10 days of pet battles Topic.

What was the most epic pet battle/capture you ever had?

I've had some down to the wire stuff mostly when I've forgotten to heal before entering a fight. But that is nothing compared with what happened in the early hours of today. Today when I was trying to catch an elusive Scourged Whelpling.

The first problem I made was that I started the fight with a level 14 in my group.
The second problem was my Phoenix's attacks were weak against the two cockroaches.
The third problem was one cockroaches was Rare, the other Uncommon.

So I was stressing out, afraid I was going to lose my chance of getting the hard to catch Scourged Whelpling.



 
The screenshot above has Dancing Water Skimmer's Pump loaded, ready to demolish the Uncommon Cockroach, but it misses. I get hit for damage.
In the next move I load another Pump. I get hit for more damage.
 
So now I have a Pump ready to go and my Dancing Water Skimmer is getting low on HP. So I use the turn to heal. The heal is now on a cooldown.
 
So I need to hit this Cockroach with a Pump. If this misses, there is a chance my Dancing Water Skimmer will be knocked out before the Healing Wave comes back up. Then I lose my chance to catch the Scourged Whelpling.
I push down Pump...
 
It is mine!

3 comments:

  1. YAY! Epic battle, elusive pet and achievements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS an epic battle with awesome achievements!!!

    ReplyDelete