Pages

Monday 17 November 2014

Warlords of Draenor - Day 4

Day 4:  Lumbermill, Storehouse and Gem Boutique are all upgraded to level 2.

 I returned to Gorgrond and discovered there were some new quests! It seemed that by choosing the Sparring Pit, the quest giver had been phased out earlier. With it all fixed, many of my issues about the zone having a weak story was resolved. While the story is still not as strong as Frostfire Ridge, the quest design is excellent.
 
 
The local Pet Tamer, Cymre Brightblade was a difficult fight with two of the pets being able to restore their health to full after dying. After several attempts I made a team to defeat the powerful archaeologist.


 
 With the additional quests plus the ones I hadn't done yesterday filled out the zone a lot more than what appeared to only be scattered with Bonus Objectives & Monster Hunting without much of a story connecting them. There was now a story and the movement though the zone was cohesive.
 
I didn't encounter any quest bugs today which was good. The Quests and the Monster Hunting was fun, but the story in the end still let the zone down.

TLDR - Quest design excellent, but story is weak.
Gorgrond gets 3 out of 5 Phoenix Insignias.

I was level 97 when I finished this zone.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, good to see you stopped by to visit (and found a team that works for you). The beast hunting reminded me of old Nagrand.

    ReplyDelete